The Skyline counseling team is to help serve your academic, personal/social and career goals.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 7:40am-3:10pm
Save the dates- Running Start Application Workshops!
For students applying for the 2024-2025 Running Start program that have questions or need some extra help navigating the application, The Skyline Counseling Center will be hosting monthly Running Start Application Workshops. All workshops will take place in the College and Career Center at the following times:
Feb 28th- Wed morning at 9:00am
March 13th- Wed morning at 9:00am
April 2nd- Tues Flex
May 8th- Wed Flex
Recorded Running Start Information Session
ISD High School Counselors, in partnership with Bellevue College, held an informational webinar on Tuesday February 13th. The meeting included information on eligibility requirements, credit and course expectations, and recommendations to be successful in the program. This meeting was recorded and is linked below.
HOBY (Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership Seminar) Application and Information
Sophomores interested in learning more about the HOBY Leadership program are invited to come to the Career Center on Monday, October 16th during either lunch to learn more about this outstanding opportunity. No previous leadership experience required!
For five decades, HOBY has worked diligently at helping young people make a difference and become positive catalysts for change in the home, school, workplace, and community. As one of the nation’s foremost youth leadership development organizations, HOBY is respected worldwide and recognized on college entrance applications. Through HOBY’s unique and highly interactive weekend programs, we introduce high school sophomores to distinguished leaders of the community from various sectors, such as business, technology, education, government, arts, science, media, and non-profit. Through intense but informal panel discussions, HOBY participants get a realistic look at their nation, its people, and their own role in the world community.
At our information meeting on October 16th, we will share details of the HOBY experience, the application process, and have time for students to ask our former HOBY attendees questions. If your student would like to apply to be one of our HOBY representatives and cannot make the informational meeting, not to worry! The information session is not a requirement to apply. Applications available via the link below and are due by November 3rd.
Parent Connect Conference
Join local experts and other parents on Saturday, October 14, from 9 AM-12 PM for Parent Connect, an interactive conference on youth mental health & wellbeing.
Parent Connect is FREE to attend for Issaquah School District parents and caregivers. The conference offers breakout topics that families may face with their child now or in the future. There will be English and Spanish sessions.
Attendees will come away from this event with insights, connections to other parents & caregivers, and a better understanding of the resources available in our community.
Check-in opens at 8:45 AM. Conference starts at 9 AM. Light refreshments and snacks will be served. Registration preferred, but not required.
Skyline Counseling Center
1122 228th AVE SE Sammamish, WA 98075
Fax : 425-837-7855
School Code: 480-501
Access Care Solace Services
- 24/7/365 multilingual support – A multilingual team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to help you understand options, call providers on your behalf, and schedule an appointment
- Care regardless of insurance – Connect to care with any coverage including Medicaid, Medicare, and sliding scale options for those without insurance.
- Easy access to care – Use Care Match, the self-serve website, to find a provider or services on your own.
- Call 888-515-0595 at any time.
- Search anonymously to get matched with an extensive list of care providers. Visit www.caresolace.com/issaquah and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988. Care Solace is NOT an emergency response service or mental health service provider.
Student Schedules for the 2023 – 2024 School Year
Beginning at 8:00 am on Monday, August 21st students whose family has completed the RSVP process will be able to view their schedules for the upcoming school year by logging into Student Access. Students will not be able to see periods and teachers, but it will show the courses in which the student is enrolled. If a student would like to request a schedule change, they will be able to do so via the online Schedule Change Request Form.
· The online Schedule Change Request Form will be available between August 21st at 8:00 am and August 25th at 8:00am via the links below.
· Students who have submitted a schedule change request should log back in to Student Access on August 28th at 4:00pm to see their finalized schedules for the first day of school. Due to the high volume of requests and counselors working on requests through the 28th, they may not be able to individually notify students of their request standing. Please do not email a course change request to the counselor as they use the online process to accurately track requests and changes. On August 28th, after 4:00pm, all students will be able to see their schedule with periods and teachers.
· If a student wishes to request a schedule change between August 29th at 4:00 pm and September 8th at 4:00 pm, the Schedule Change Request Link will reopen for new requests. Counselors will notify students if their request is not available.
· Students must continue going to the classes as shown in Skyward until notified by their counselor there has been a change.
· Any class dropped between September 11th and September 27th will result in a “W” on the student’s transcript. Because of this, any course change request will require a review conversation with the student, parent/guardian, teacher, counselor, and an administrator.
· Any course dropped beginning September 28th will show as an “F” on the student’s transcript and will be included in the GPA calculation.