Welcome back Spartans! We anticipate a more “typical” athletics season for 2021-22 Below is a summary of K-12 Athletics Guidance pertaining to COVID-19 protocol. For more detailed information, please refer to pgs. 14-16 of the Washington State DOH K-12 School Requirements.
Please Note: Restrictions are subject to change based on DOH and WIAA recommendations.
- Season Format: We will have a regular season and path to playoffs and state tournament as we have done in the past (prior to COVID). Skyline resides in 4A KingCo League.
- Season Schedule: To access league/sport schedules, go to Skyline Athletics website: Skylinespartans.org
- Outdoor Sports: Fans are required to wear a mask if not vaccinated. When actively competing/training, athletes are NOT required to wear masks for any outdoor sport. Masks recommended at all other times (i.e. on sidelines/bench)
- Indoor Sports: ALL FANS are required to wear masks regardless of vaccination status. Athletes are NOT required to wear masks indoors if they are in a low or moderate sport (volleyball, gymnastics, swim) OR they are vaccinated and in a high-risk sport (wrestling and basketball). PLEASE NOTE: High risk indoor sports will require screening/antigen testing of unvaccinated athletes in order to participate. ALL ATHLETES must wear mask indoors if not actively training or competing regardless of vaccination status.
- Coaches: Similar to fans. If outdoors, required to wear mask if not vaccinated. If indoors, masks required regardless of vaccination status.
- There will be NO attestations or temp checks at entry. Participants and fans need to self-attest; meaning, if not feeling well and have symptoms, stay at home.
- Sports will have district provided transportation (buses). Athletes are expected to ride the bus to events.
Concussion Protocol and Return to Play Procedures:
Please go to our Sports Medicine website for concussion information.